A while ago I wrote a rather damning article concerning my experiences trying to bring an Umbraco site to bear on the Azure platform on a budget.
Since then the landscape seems to have changed somewhat, as well explained by Darren Fergusons seminar at the Umbraco UK festival.
I have a site redesign plan underway at the moment and I'm looking forward to using some of this to try and make it work again. I'll report back when it's done!
ADDENDUM: Although the site rework is still at the design stage, if you are reading this message then you are reading it on a direct port of the original site to SQL Azure and an Azure Web Site. A handy guide to which I found at https://agebase.co.uk/blog/moving-an-umbraco-website-to-windows-azure-websites/.